|1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies:
Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency
with regulatory authority or oversight of the U.S. voting machine
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and
donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its
electoral votes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became
Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family,
was recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S. and counts
almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any
votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out
of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines, all
of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as consultants and developers to
help write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the
votes in 30 states.
13. Jeff Dean was Senior Vice-President of Global Election Systems when it
was bought by Diebold. Even though he had been convicted of 23 counts of
felony theft in the first degree, Jeff Dean was retained as a consultant
by Diebold and was largely responsible for programming the optical
scanning software now used in most of the United States.
14. Diebold consultant Jeff Dean was convicted of planting back doors in
his software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade
detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security was
so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be hacked,
a chimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here: http://blackboxvoting.org/baxter/baxterVPR.mov.)
17. 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on unverifiable touch screen
voting machines with no paper trail.
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected and
reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates.
19. The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is the President's
20. Serious voting anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring Bush --
have been mathematically demonstrated and experts are recommending further