Amid international efforts to impose fresh sanctions against Iran, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called on Russia to cooperate with Israel in order to curb the Islamic Republic's nuclear ambitions.
"Radical Islam with nuclear capabilities poses a grave danger to mankind," he said, adding, "What is currently regarded as terror will be completely different if it will have a nuclear umbrella."
Memo to Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu; just in case your "selective memory" has kicked in yet again, here are the facts:
1. Iran is a signatory to the NNPT. This means that their nuclear program is consistently inspected by the IAEA.
2. To date, all inspections conducted by the IAEA have produced zero evidence that any nuclear material has gone missing, or that any nuclear material has been enriched beyond the point necessary to fuel a power station.
3. Israel, which has nuclear weapons, refuses to become a signatory to the NNPT, or allow inspections of its nuclear sites.
3. Under US law (the Symington Amendment, to be specific), it is illegal for the US to give any aid to any country which has nuclear weapons, but refuses to become a signatory to the NNPT or allow inspections of its nuclear sites.
4. Yet, illegally, the US coughs up 3 billion dollars' worth of aid to Israel annually, while homeless American Vets sleep in our streets.
I do hope the above facts actually help sort the situation out for you, Mr. Prime Minister!