Abe "Strongly Protests" After North Korean Ballistic Missile Launch Into Japan's Air Defense Zone | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Abe "Strongly Protests" After North Korean Ballistic Missile Launch Into Japan's Air Defense Zone

Just a month after Japan ordered its military to a "state of alert," and as world leaders gather in China for the G-20 summit, AP reports that North Korea fired three ballistic missiles off its east coast Monday, Japanese Prime Minister Abe "strongly condemned" the actions, as the missiles fell into Japan's air defense zone, declaring the launch a clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions.

As AP reports, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement that the three missiles, launched from the western North Korean town of Hwangju, flew across the country before splashing in the waters off its east coast, but officials did not describe the range of the missiles.

Before the firing, on Monday on the sidelines of the G-20 summit, South Korean President Park Geun-hye criticized the North for what she called provocations that are hurting Seoul-Beijing ties.

The launch comes four days before the 68th anniversary of the founding of North Korea's government, and days after South Korean and U.S. troops ended annual joint summertime military drills, which North Korea regularly describes as a dress rehearsal for invasion.

Last month, worries about the North's weapons programs deepened after a missile from a North Korean submarine flew about 500 kilometers (310 miles), the longest distance achieved by the North for such a weapon.

Japan ordered its military on Monday to be ready at any time to shoot down any North Korean missiles that threaten to strike Japan, putting its forces on a state of alert for at least three months, a defense ministry official and media said.

Up to now, Japan has issued temporary orders when it had indications of an imminent North Korean missile launch that it has canceled after a projectile had been launched.

However, because some test firings are hard to detect, it has decided to put its military on standby for a longer period. The order will be reviewed after three months, state broadcaster NHK said.

In other words, the next time Kim Jong-un launches, it may start the next war.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

Kim Jung-Un is using some nasty brinkmanship in his attempt to get the world's attention, and it could - literally - blow up in his face, resulting in an invasion by South Korea and the US, perhaps supported militarily by Japan.

I don't know what his advisors are telling him, or what he is thinking, to be doing this at this time.

I would like to hope that if China still holds any influence whatsoever over this guy, that Chinese diplomats quietly tell him that they do not want a military confrontation with Japan, the US and South Korea at this time, and to stop these bombing runs.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA