Islamic militants Abu Sayyaf blamed for deadly Philippine bomb attack | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Islamic militants Abu Sayyaf blamed for deadly Philippine bomb attack

Duterte, who had been mayor of Davao for most of the past two decades, declares a national “state of lawlessness” to give military extra powers to conduct law enforcement operations.

Philippine authorities on Saturday blamed a notorious group of Islamic militants for the bombing of a night market in President Rodrigo Duterte’s home town that killed at least 14 people.

An improvised explosive device tore through the bustling market in the heart of Davao city and close to one of its top hotels just before 11 pm on Friday.
Authorities said the Abu Sayyaf, a small band of militants that has declared allegiance to the Islamic State group, most likely carried out the attack in response to a military offensive launched against it last week.

The office of the president texted and confirmed that was an Abu Sayyaf retaliation.

“The office of the president texted and confirmed that was an Abu Sayyaf retaliation. For the city government side, we are working on that it is an Abu Sayyaf retaliation,” Davao mayor Sara Duterte, who is also the president’s daughter, told CNN Philippines.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

Looks like a civil war has begun in the Philippines.

I have to wonder just what draconian steps Duterte will take to stop the violence, if in fact, he can.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA