Pompeo Tells Bin Salman He Should Take Responsibility in Khashoggi Case as His Future as King Is in Danger | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Pompeo Tells Bin Salman He Should Take Responsibility in Khashoggi Case as His Future as King Is in Danger

TEHRAN (FNA)- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has sternly told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MbS) during a meeting in Riyadh on Tuesday that the first in line to the throne would have to take responsibility in disappearance case of journalist Jamal Khashoggi to help the kingdom avoid the consequences of an international backlash, according to an informed source.
A person familiar with the meeting told The New York Times that Pompeo sternly told the crown prince that even if he did not know whether Khashoggi had been killed, he would have to take responsibility to help the kingdom avoid the consequences of an international backlash.

Pompeo’s trip to the kingdom was supposed to forge the beginnings of a diplomatic resolution. But, his private meeting with Prince Mohammad, attended by a small number of aides on both sides, was highly scripted, and he made no dramatic threats or ultimatums, according to one former senior administration official who was briefed on the gathering.

The secretary of state asked for an accounting of what happened and the crown prince, denying any involvement in Khashoggi’s disappearance, stated that an investigation was underway, the official said. In the end, the official added, Pompeo’s plea to the Saudis was to complete the investigation quickly and transparently.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

"Malice in the Palace is nothing new, particularly in Saudi Arabia.

I have to wonder if another Saudi Royal might be plotting "regime change" against Bin Salman, and using this incident as the justification to take him out of power.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA