North Korea Declares Start of Pacific Offensive Amid Missile Standoff | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

North Korea Declares Start of Pacific Offensive Amid Missile Standoff

North Korea's Foreign Ministry said Friday the recent missile launch marked the beginning of a military operation in the Pacific, according to state media.

In a message carried by the KCNA news agency, the Foreign Ministry hit back at the United Nations for saying Tuesday’s launch of a ballistic missile over northern Japan undermined regional security.
Pyongyang said it rejected UN criticism as a violation of its right as a sovereign nation to defend itself against the United States and South Korea and promised to launch more projectiles into the Pacific.

The two allies have been engaged in a string of military exercises, called Ulchi — Freedom Guardian, allegedly to improve the South’s defenses. The annual drills on land, air and sea have been routinely slammed by the North as a preparation for invasion.

Separately, defense officials from the United States, South Korea and Japan held a video link-up earlier on Friday where they agreed to step up cooperation to better respond to Pyongyang’s threats, according to the Yonhap news agency.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

IF the above statement is true (and heaven only knows how accurate the translation was from Korean into English), we have an immovable force (North Korea) duking it out with an irresistible object (The US, South Korea, and Japan).

And while Russia and China are doing their level best to ratchet down tensions here, the US government appears, collectively, to have their fingers in their ears, and adamantly will not consider the proposals they have put forward.

Ren Guoqiang also reiterated China’s position that the North Korean crisis should be resolved through dialogue, and insisted on the denuclearization of the peninsula, according to Sina, citing the spokesman. Russia also insists that there cannot be any military solution to the crisis on the Korean Peninsula. At the latest UNSC meeting, Russia’s permanent representative to the UN, Vasily Nebenzya, reiterated Beijing and Moscow’s ‘double freeze’ initiative, recommending Pyongyang halt all nuclear and missile tests while the US and South Korea cease the military build-up in the region. On Thursday, the Chinese Foreign Ministry also expressed concern, saying that the Korean issue is serious and not a computer game, Reuters reports, citing the ministry’s spokeswoman, Hua Chunying. During a previous news briefing, Hua responded to British Prime Minister Theresa May’s call on Beijing to exert more pressure on Pyongyang voiced during her trip to Japan on Wednesday. Hua also questioned whether other relevant parties implement the UN resolutions “without holding back anything.” “They are the loudest when it comes to sanctions, but nowhere to be found when it comes to making efforts to promote peace talks. They want nothing to do with responsibility,” Hua told reporters on Wednesday.

IF the US, South Korea, and Japan attack North Korea, China, in this statement, has made it very clear that they will defend North Korea against such an attack.

And unfortunately, looking at this situation, it appears to be a matter of "when", rather than "if" such an attack will take place.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA