US’ Afghanistan Withdrawal ‘Still Moving Forward’ After News Daesh Carried Out Deadly Kabul Attack | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

US’ Afghanistan Withdrawal ‘Still Moving Forward’ After News Daesh Carried Out Deadly Kabul Attack

Washington still plans on meeting its troop withdrawal goals, and the process remains on schedule, a Pentagon spokesperson said on Friday. The news comes after Daesh franchise Islamic State Khorasan claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on a Kabul maternity ward last week.

As per its February agreement with the Taliban, the US withdrawal of roughly 3,400 troops by early July is continuing apace, a Department of Defense representative said.

“We're still moving forward with the force reduction levels that we're committed to,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters at a Friday briefing. “That is still going forward, and we expect to meet that within the timeline laid out under the agreement with the Taliban,” Hoffman said, although noting he had “no update” on what the present number of US troops in Afghanistan is.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA