Local mother recounts son's bad vaccine reaction | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED


Local mother recounts son's bad vaccine reaction

At 18 months, Leyo Smith received two vaccines in September of 2008, including one for diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough.

Within hours of getting the vaccines, his mother Amy Mitten-Smith knew something was wrong.

"He had an injection site that was red, swollen and hot to the touch," said Mitten-Smith.

She says within days, he had hives and joint swelling to go along with a fever. Within weeks, he began suffering seizures.

Her doctors told her the cause was a rare vaccine reaction.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA