Turkey’s military and police forces have killed hundreds of people during operations against Kurdish rebels in southeastern Turkey, the United Nations said on Friday in a report that listed summary killings, torture, rape and widespread destruction of property among an array of human rights abuses.
The report, by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, details how operations by the Turkish infantry, artillery, tanks and possibly aircraft drove up to half a million people from their homes over a 17-month period from July 2015 to the end of 2016.
Though the report is focused on the conduct of security forces in southeastern Turkey, the 25-page document underscores the deepening alarm of the United Nations over the measures ordered by Turkey’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, since a failed coup attempt last July.
The state of emergency Mr. Erdogan imposed after the coup attempt appeared to “target criticism, not terrorism,” Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the United Nations high commissioner for human rights, said here on Tuesday.
The Turkish government declined to comment on the report.
OK, but what is the UN (and the US government) actually prepared to do about these war crimes?!?
My prediction is that, yet again, the UN will prove impotent, and thoroughly useless in stopping these war crimes in any way.
And one cannot help but notice the hypocrisy that, according to the US government, some war crimes are perfectly acceptable, such as the Saudi war crimes against Yemeni non-combatants, in the killing and maiming of Yemen's children, and the starving to death to of Yemen's children by the Saudi blockade of Yemen ports, meaning no food aid can get in at all.
The US government apparently has absolutely no moral qualms about being complicit to Saudi war crimes in Yemen, because it suits its geopolitical agenda; it will be interesting to see what the official Trump administration's response will be this UN charge about Turkish war crimes against the Kurds.
Oh, and did I mention that after the 2015 Saudi invasion of Yemen, the US began a massive construction on a US naval base on the Yemeni island of Socotra?!?
And as reported on 29 August 2015 at syria360.wordpress.com:
The US has invaded and occupied Yemen’s strategic Island of Socotra in the Indian Ocean and is now building up its biggest naval base there, media reports said. “Hundreds of workers from Asian countries have been deployed by the US navy to construct its biggest naval base on the island,” Arabic-language Al-Masyra TV quoted a Spanish-language newspaper as saying on Saturday. The Pentagon’s publicly disclosed military and security program for Yemen grew from $4.6 million in 2006 to $67 million last year. “That figure does not include covert, classified assistance that the United States has provided.”  In addition, “Under a new classified cooperation agreement, the U.S. would be able to fly cruise missiles, fighter jets or unmanned armed drones against targets in the country, but would remain publicly silent on its role in the airstrikes.”  On January 1 General David Petraeus, the chief of the Pentagon’s Central Command, in charge of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as operations in Yemen and Pakistan, was in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad and said of deepening military involvement in Yemen, “We have, it’s well known, about $70 million in security assistance last year. That will more than double this coming year.” 
I cannot precisely recall the headlines from 29 August, 2015; but I can, with a great deal of certainty, assure you that the invasion, occupation, and the building of this US military base in Socotra, was never mentioned by the corporate presstitutes and whorespondents in the US.
So, in 2016, the US government spent $140 million, give or take, in "security assistance" in Yemen? (read: construction of this military base).
This creates an ability of the US Navy to project power into the Gulf of Aden, and Indian ocean. And I would suggest that this, and not the Houthi rebellion which threw the Al-Hadi government out of power, is the "real reason" the US government is complicit in Saudi war crimes, by allowing them to buy the bombers from US companies, and providing "guidance" for their bombing runs.
In any reasonable political solution to the problems in Yemen (and most experts do agree that the ultimate resolution has to be political, rather than military here), the Yemeni government would want to claim these territories back from the United States; but the continued Saudi, US-enabled attacks simply assure that such a political solution can not possibly happen, until the completion of this US naval base is a "fait accompli".
So according to the US government's "logic", is why Yemenis continue to die of Saudi bombings, and starvation of their children.