US to deploy more troops to Saudi Arabia after attack on oil industry | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

US to deploy more troops to Saudi Arabia after attack on oil industry

The Pentagon on Friday announced it will deploy additional US troops and missile defense equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, as Donald Trump has at least for now put off any immediate military strike on Iran in response to the attack on the Saudi oil industry.

The US defense secretary, Mark Esper, told Pentagon reporters this is a first step to beef up security and he would not rule out additional moves down the road. General Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said more details about the deployment will be determined in the coming days, but it would not involve thousands of US troops.

Other officials said the US deployment would probably be in the hundreds and the defensive equipment heading to the Middle East would probably include Patriot missile batteries and possibly enhanced radars.

The announcement reflected Trump’s comments earlier in the day when he told reporters that showing restraint “shows far more strength” than launching military strikes and he wanted to avoid an all-out war with Iran, which has denied responsibility for the attack.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

I am hoping - and praying - that these deployed personnel, are not going to wind up as "sacrificial lambs" from the next wave of attacks against Saudi Arabia; that would, indeed, give President Trump, his Israeli and domestic neocons, the absolute "bloody shirt" required with which to guarantee a US attack against Iran.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA