REPORTS OF WEDDING PARTY BOMBING INDICATE US FORCES HAVE MASSACRED AT LEAST 70 AFGHAN CIVILIANS IN ONE WEEK | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

REPORTS OF WEDDING PARTY BOMBING INDICATE US FORCES HAVE MASSACRED AT LEAST 70 AFGHAN CIVILIANS IN ONE WEEK

SOURCE: COMMON DREAMS
Dozens of Afghan civilians are dead, local officials said Monday, following operations carried out late Sunday by U.S. and Afghan forces targeting al Qaida fighters.

The incident in the southern province of Helmand, which came just days after a U.S. drone strike killed at least 30 farm workers in eastern Nangarhar province, highlights the fragile situation for civilians as the U.S. enters its 19th year of war in Afghanistan.

Details on exactly how many people were killed and who was responsible for the Sunday attacks remain unclear, a fact attributed at least in part to the area being under Taliban control. The U.S. has blamed the "majority of the deaths" on al Qaida. U.S. and Afghan officials say they're investigating.

The New York Times reported:

Omar Zwak, a spokesman for the Helmand governor, said an undetermined number of civilians were killed after an explosion at an insurgent weapons depot that had been targeted by government forces late Sunday. But Haji Attaullah Afghan, head of the provincial council in Helmand, said a two-vehicle wedding convoy was fired upon by military helicopters, and that civilians were killed in both vehicles.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

I would like to politely remind the Pentagon and State Department, that punishing an entire population for the sake of getting a few more "scalps" on its belt, is a war crime.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA