IRAN AGAIN BLOCKS INTERNET & MOBILE SERVICE AHEAD OF PROTESTERS' FUNERALS  | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

IRAN AGAIN BLOCKS INTERNET & MOBILE SERVICE AHEAD OF PROTESTERS' FUNERALS 

SOURCE: ZERO HEDGE
Fearing the potential for renewed protests and violent clashes with police, Iran has again blocked internet and mobile access to broad section of the country on Wednesday.

This as several funerals will be held over the coming days for protesters killed last month amid a severe government crackdown, which also witness an unprecedented nationwide internet blockage which lasted for a week or more in some provinces.

Citing Iranian state media, Bloomberg reports, "The mourning services are scheduled to begin on Thursday. The independent Shargh newspaper said five unidentified provinces will be subject to the blackout, while ILNA said internet users in those areas will have access to a limited number of state-approved Iran websites and applications."

Government authorities are reportedly acting in response to relatives of some among the killed who have posted to social media calling for renewed protests to be held on Thursday in conjunction with ceremonies commemorating the victims (various estimates put those killed from the November protests ranging from 200 to over 300, with the US State Dept. claiming multiple times that number).

The US as well as various human rights organizations have accused Tehran authorities of quelling protests — initially sparked by a huge gas price hike when subsidies were slashed — with live ammunition and other brutal tactics.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

Isn't it amazing that, according to the US government, Iranian live fire on peaceful demonstrators is bad, but Israeli life fire against peaceful Palestinian protestors, is good, and never gets condemned?!?

Just more than a little curious about that!!

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA