A “BRAIN EATING” AMOEBA HAS BEEN FOUND IN TEXAS WATER SUPPLY | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

A “BRAIN EATING” AMOEBA HAS BEEN FOUND IN TEXAS WATER SUPPLY

A disaster declaration has been issued by the governor of Texas after the water supply of one Houston suburb has a tainted water supply. Environmental officials have warned residents of Lake Jackson, Texas to boil their water before using it for cooking or drinking after a six-year-old boy died from a brain-eating amoeba discovered in the water.

Tests for naegleria fowleri showed its presence in three of 11 samples in the Lake Jackson area, including one from a hose at the boy’s home, according to the Associated Press. Texas Governor Greg Abbot referred to the water sample tests when he issued the disaster declaration on Sunday. He said, “the presence of naegleria fowleri, which can cause a rare and devastating infection of the brain called primary amebic meningoencephalitis, was identified in three of 11 tests of the water supply, posing an imminent threat to public health and safety, including loss of life,” as CBS News reported.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA