Bulldozing Rohingya villages was not 'demolition of evidence', Myanmar official says | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Bulldozing Rohingya villages was not 'demolition of evidence', Myanmar official says

Myanmar has bulldozed the remains of Rohingya Muslim villages to make way for refugee resettlement, not to destroy evidence of atrocities, an official leading reconstruction efforts in the troubled northern state of Rakhine said on Monday.

Last week, New York-based Human Rights Watch said it had analysed satellite imagery showing Myanmar had flattened at least 55 villages in Rakhine, including two that appeared to be intact before heavy machinery arrived.

The group said the demolitions could have erased evidence of atrocities by security forces in what the United Nations and the United States have called an ethnic cleansing campaign against the stateless Rohingya minority.

A military crackdown prompted by Rohingya insurgents’ attacks on 30 police posts and an army base on Aug. 25 drove 688,000 people from their villages and across the border into Bangladesh, many of them recounting killings, rape and arson by Myanmar soldiers and police.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

This is pure and simple genocide, on the part of the Myanmar government against the Rohingya people; wipe out their villages, bulldoze their history, and kill as many of them as humanly possible.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA