Syrian Fighter Details His Experience in Nagorno-Karabakh | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN

Syrian Fighter Details His Experience in Nagorno-Karabakh

Since fighting broke out between Armenian forces and Azerbaijan in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region, there have been reports of mercenaries from Syria participating in the battle. The Guardian published a story on Friday that quoted a Syrian who was recruited to support Azerbaijan.

The Guardian, and other media outlets, had previously reported that a Turkish security firm recruited men in northern Syria to work as border guards in Azerbaijan for around $1,000 a month. The governments of Russia and France have said they have information that indicates fighters are being sent to the conflict zone from northern Syria.

On Friday, AFP cited the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and said 28 Syrian fighters have been killed in Nagorno-Karabakh. Relatives of three fighters confirmed their deaths to AFP.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA