US Notifies Turkey of Cancellation of Passage of 2 Warships Through Bosphorus, Turkish Source Says | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

US Notifies Turkey of Cancellation of Passage of 2 Warships Through Bosphorus, Turkish Source Says

n accordance with the Montreux Convention, the Turkish Foreign Ministry was previously alerted via diplomatic channels that two US warships would be passing through the Bosphorus Strait in order to reach the Black Sea. The warships were originally slated to begin travel on April 14 and remain in the Black Sea until May 4.

"Yes, the US embassy has notified our ministry about this," a Turkish foreign ministry source told Sputnik on Wednesday, regarding reports of the cancellation.

It was reported late last week that Washington would be deploying the USS Theodore Roosevelt and USS Donald Cook to the region, shortly after the USS Monterey and USS Dwight D. Eisenhower transited the Bosphorus Strait and conducted "multi-domain" NATO operations in the Black Sea.

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA