"The supreme trick of mass insanity is that it persuades you that the only abnormal person is the one who refuses to join in the madness of others, the one who tries vainly to resist. We will never understand totalitarianism if we do not understand that people rarely have the strength to be uncommon." -- Eugene Ionesco
The United Kingdom will begin supplying military helicopters to the Ukrainian forces as a part of the latest aid package greenlit by Prime Minsiter Rishi Sunak, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace revealed.
In a major development in the level of support for the Ukrainians against the Russian invaders, the British will for the first time be sending manned aircraft in the form of three anti-submarine Sea King helicopters. This comes on top of the ten thousand rounds of artillery shells and 125 anti-aircraft guns pledged by Rishi Sunak during his surprise meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv (Kiev) over the weekend, and over 1,000 anti-air missiles promised last month.
Announcing the plans from a meeting of European defence ministers in Norway on Wednesday, Ben Wallace said that it was the first time that the UK will send piloted military aircraft since the full-scale Russian invasion was renewed in February, The Telegraphreported.
Commenting on the latest aid package, the Defence Secretary said: “Our support for Ukraine is unwavering… These additional artillery rounds will help Ukraine to secure the land it has reclaimed from Russia in recent weeks.”
As part of the latest package of military assistance, the US will provide Ukraine with more HARM anti-radar missiles, and additional munitions for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS, and National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems, or NASAMS, the Pentagon said on Wednesday.
In other weapons, the US will supply Ukraine with 150 heavy machine guns to counter unmanned aerial vehicles; 200 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds; 10,000 120mm mortar rounds; 150 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles; over 100 light tactical vehicles; over 20,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition; over 200 generators; and spare parts for 105mm Howitzers and other equipment.
The security assistance is valued at up to $400 million. The equipment will come from Pentagon’s inventories. In total, the United States has committed more than $19.7 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the current administration, and more than $21.8 billion since 2014.
Minsk is concerned about the unprecedented militarization of NATO’s member-states bordering on Belarus, because it is fanning tensions and provoking a further arms race, as follows from a news release the Belarusian Foreign Ministry issued after Belarusian Foreign Minister Vladimir Makei’s participation in the joint meeting of the CSTO foreign and defense ministers and security councils’ secretaries and the session of the Collective Security Treaty Organization in Yerevan on Wednesday.
"In his speech, Makei underscored the deepening crisis of the existing world order, which has already affected all spheres of international relations. He pointed to the discrediting of the most important institutions of maintaining peace, security and stability, such as the UN and the OSCE, and the destruction of international instruments in the field of arms control and non-proliferation. He also expressed deep concern over the unprecedented scale of militarization of the NATO member-countries bordering on Belarus, which contributes to the growth of military-political tensions and provokes a further arms race," the statement reads.
A Russian pundit exploded into a deranged rant over European Union female leaders whom he accused of fuelling up tensions with the Kremlin and being responsible for prolonging the war in Ukraine. He said European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and other EU female leaders used to be socialists and embrace Russian communist ideology but were later corrupted by the capitalist system due to their political careers.
Igor Korotchenko told Russian state TV Russia1: "I think that whole generation of aggressive European women we're seeing them everywhere.
"Ursula Von der Leyen is one of them, too. So is the Prime Minister of Estonia, the Prime Minister of Finland.
"Those German women, who among other things are in charge of the Defence Ministry, that impolite, uneducated, Russophobic, but pretty rudely behaving social group.
"It's they who are the provocateurs and arsonists of the new war."
Yevgeny Nifantiev, a member of the State Duma Committee on Industry and Trade, said that Europe can no longer resist the US economy due to the fact that it has completely "fallen under American policy."
Thus, he commented on an article by Politico that Europe is preparing to respond to the United States on the entry into force of the American law on reducing inflation on January 1. These measures could lead to a transatlantic trade war.
The politician notes that Europe has ceased to be able to resist the American economy due to the fact that it has completely fallen under American policy. Nifantiev noted that today it is possible to observe how the European Union "on its own initiative is taking leaps and bounds towards its own deindustrialization."
Nifantiev said that through sanctions, Europe got rid of open markets, only technologies remained, but "what to do with them if any production becomes uncompetitive in comparison with analogues from the United States?" According to the deputy, this is due to the fact that resources coming from the United States and other countries, including energy, make European products are more expensive than those analogues that are produced in America.
Russia will continue actions to impair Ukraine’s military potential until Kiev takes a realistic position at talks, Russian Permanent Representative to the United Nations Vasily Nebenzya said on Wednesday.
According to the Russian diplomat, Russian forces are targeting "Ukraine’s infrastructure facilities in response to flooding that country with Western weapons and the reckless calls on Kiev to defeat Russia."
"One of the goals of the special military operation is to undermine the Ukrainian army’s combat capabilities. And it will be attained to military means until the Kiev regime takes a realistic position, which will make it possible to discuss and try to settle those problems, which have prompted us to launch the special military operation," he said at a UN Security Council meeting.
Last week we said that the latest greenwashing virtue-signaling eco-boondoggle, the COP 27 UN climate summit Egypt's Sharm el-Sheikh ended in failure as participants couldn't even agree on a fossil fuel pledge. The only reason it wasn't a total disaster is because it introduced Greta Thunberg's far more effective replacement - Iranian Sophia Kianni - to the world.
But it wasn't just us that had a cynical, jaded view on what was the biggest eco-event of the year: the Financial Times doubled down and in an article titled "COP27 ends in tears and frustration: ‘The world will not thank us", it describes how Tuvalu finance minister Seve Paeniu - choking back his emotions - held up a photo of five youth delegates from his country and expressed his “deep regret and disappointment” that COP27 had been a “missed opportunity”.
When Iran’s World Cup team took the field for their opening match, they refused to sing their national anthem before the match. The act was a show of support for the mass protests taking place in Iran after Mahsa Amini’s death from injuries sustained after her arrest for the “improper” wearing of a hijab and the violent, brutal crackdowns on protestors that followed.
A southern Illinois man has been found guilty of an online sextortion scheme.
On Friday, a federal jury convicted 44-year-old Michael Ferris, of Mill Shoals, of extortion, cyberstalking, and production, distribution, and possession of child pornography involving nine minors.
According to documents and evidence, from at least March 2020 until November 2020, Ferris targeted teen girls on Facebook and engaged in a pattern of extortion. His victims ranged in age from 11 to 17-years-old and traveled from across the country to confront him at trial.
As part of his scheme, Ferris created fake Facebook personas appearing to be teenage girls. He also joined Facebook groups meant for teenagers and survivors of sexual abuse. Ferris sent unsolicited messages to teenage girls under the guise of being a peer looking to make a new friend. If the teens responded, Ferris tried to convince them to send a nude photograph or answer personal questions about themselves. Ferris then used that information as leverage to coerce them into sending more explicit photos, answering more sexual questions, or performing sexual acts on themselves or others while Ferris watched on video chat. If his victims refused to comply, or pleaded to stop, Ferris harassed and threatened them until they kept going, usually threatening to send the girls’ photos or answers to personal questions to their friends, parents, police, or child protective services. Even after Ferris’ victims complied with his demands, he would often still distribute their sexually explicit images to friends and family.
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has challenged his electoral defeat last month to leftist rival Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, according to a complaint filed with the country's federal electoral court (TSE) that alleges votes from certain electronic voting machines should be "invalidated."
Bolsonaro's claim seems unlikely to get far, as Lula's victory has been ratified by the TSE and acknowledged by Brazil's leading politicians and international allies. But it could fuel a small but committed protest movement that has so far refused to accept the result.
Bolsonaro's right-wing electoral coalition, which filed the complaint, said its audit of the vote count had found "signs of irreparable... malfunction" in older voting machines.
"There were signs of serious failures that generate uncertainties and make it impossible to validate the results generated" in several older models of the voting machines, Bolsonaro allies said in their complaint. As a result, they urged that the votes from those models should be "invalidated."
Conservatives on Twitter tore into CBS News for finally admitting that the controversial Hunter Biden laptop — containing the personal files and shady business dealings of President Joe Biden’s son and foreign countries — is real.
On Monday, the news network confirmed via its own forensic investigation that the laptop the New York Post first reported on in 2020 was in fact real.
Major networks at the time refused to acknowledge the story, as Twitter and Facebook moved to stifle the Post’s story ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
The White House on Wednesday distributed leftist talking points for predictably insufferable supporters of President Joe Biden to use for attacking Republicans during Thanksgiving family gatherings.
The list of talking points was shared by White House chief of staff Ronald Klain on social media.
“One last item for your Thanksgiving dinner: some talking points when ‘that Uncle’ comes ‘at you’ about the president,” he wrote on Twitter.
The list tries to argue that Biden is actually “tackling inflation,” even though the cost of a Thanksgiving meal is up by 20 percent from last year.
It also tries to denounce Republicans in Congress as “EXTREME” because of their position on protecting unborn children.
The White House document also falsely claims that Republicans want to “put Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block” and “raise costs” on Americans by repealing Biden’s multi-billion dollar climate spending agenda.
The Georgia Supreme Court on Wednesday temporarily reinstated a state law that allows abortions through the first six weeks of pregnancy.
In a one-page order issued on Wednesday, the court overturned a lower court's decision to block the Georgia law. The Supreme Court's order issuing a stay in the case means the law is reinstated while the court considers an appeal on the merits from Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr.
The Superior Court of Fulton County this month ruled that the law violated the U.S. Constitution when it was enacted by the state legislature three years ago. It was blocked for three years until the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June, freeing states to pass their own laws on abortion.
One of the two largest railroad unions said Monday it had rejected a new labor deal brokered by the White House, inching closer to a strike that could disrupt supply chains in December. The other union voted to ratify it.
Unions and railroads are back at the negotiating table. By law, Congress can intervene to impose an agreement if the two sides remain deadlocked.
The SMART Transportation Division said it would head back to the negotiating table with railroads with a goal of reaching a deal by Dec. 8. If no agreement is reached, the union could strike Dec. 9. However, the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen (BRS) is on a schedule where their cooling-off period ends Dec. 4, opening the way for a strike Dec. 5.
Eight of the industry’s unions have ratified the contract. But if one group strikes, others say they won’t cross picket lines.
The recent popularity of so-called “Drag Queen Story Hour” apparently doesn’t include the parents of school-aged children, who overwhelmingly oppose such events in which men dressed flamboyantly as women or female strippers perform for children.
That's according to Rasmussen Reports.
The survey finds 60% of American adults consider “Drag Queen Story Hour” not appropriate for children, including 44% who say it’s "not at all appropriate."
Only 29% say “Drag Queen Story Hour” is appropriate for children, including 11% who consider it "very appropriate." Another 10% are not sure.
Among those who are parents or parents of school-aged children, a slim majority (51%) say they believe “Drag Queen Story Hour” is "not at all appropriate" for children.
Now-former Lieutenant Colonel Bradley Miller has resigned from his post in the Army after serving the United States military for over 19 years, citing the Pentagon’s irresponsible and unlawful mRNA mandate.
A highly decorated military officer, Miller commanded a battalion in the 101st Airborne Division, and he was a graduate of the Army’s prestigious School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS).
You can sleep easy tonight. The World Health Organization announced that it’s working with Big Tech to combat misinformation online. It didn’t define what “misinformation” it’s targeting, or even what “misinformation” is, but if you see anything that looks suspicious, WHO wants you to report it right away so social media platforms can flag it or take it down.1
Sound disturbing? More like a nightmare, but it’s one that is, unfortunately, not a dream. As John Campbell, a retired nurse and teacher based in England, said in the video above, “It’s almost as if they want to have an influence over all parts of social media.”2 Yes, indeed, and they’re quite open about it too. WHO states that it’s “changing social media policy and guidelines,” and:3
“WHO works with social media policy departments to ensure company policy and guidelines for content providers are fit for purpose. For example, WHO worked with YouTube to enhance their COVID-19 Misinformation Policy and provide guidelines for content providers to ensure no medical misinformation related to the virus proliferates on their platform.”
As many expected he would do, Elon Musk has changed his mind and decided to keep Twitter as is with independent media outlets prohibited from posting content.
In a November 18 announcement, Musk announced that Twitter’s new policy under his leadership “is freedom of speech, but not freedom of reach.” What he means by this is that only “trusted” content will be seen by others using the platform while independent content remains shadow-banned and hidden from view.
Webmaster addition: Well, yeah, and your cars suck too, fella!
Old-fashioned socialist and founder of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Klaus Schwab, sat down with CGTN’s Tian Wei during the APEC CEO Summit in Thailand.
During the course of their discussion, Schwab was questioned about whether or not the leaders of the world were able to reach an agreement in order to forward their globalist agenda.
“Among the G20, you were there meeting some of the leaders as well. Professor Schwab, what do you make up the result? Finally, they put something as a statement, and it seems quite positive with all the voices included,” Wei said.
“I think it’s positive, it’s already positive. So the fact that everybody agreed about the statement, which we haven’t had the last years,” Schwab said.
It can be recalled that Schwab attended the recently concluded G20 Summit in Bali, Indonesia, along with another globalist, Bill Gates, where they promoted the “New World Order” to world leaders.
The G20 leaders issued a joint declaration at the end of the summit advocating for a universal standard on proof of vaccination for international travel and urging the creation of “global digital health networks to strengthen prevention and response to future pandemics.”
NASA unexpectedly lost contact with its moonbound Orion capsule early Wednesday morning (Nov. 23), for reasons that remain unclear.
The uncrewed Orion has been performing well since launching toward the moon last Wednesday (Nov. 16) on NASA's Artemis 1 mission. But this Wednesday (Nov. 23) brought a blip: Mission controllers lost communication with Orion at 1:09 a.m. EST (0609 GMT) while reconfiguring a link between the capsule and the Deep Space Network, the set of radio dishes that NASA uses to talk to its farflung spacecraft.
"The reconfiguration has been conducted successfully several times in the last few days, and the team is investigating the cause of the loss of signal," NASA officials wrote in a brief update on Wednesday(opens in new tab).