Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has approved a set of targets for Israel to strike inside Iran, ABC News reported on Wednesday, citing an Israeli source.
CNN also reported that Israel’s plans to attack Iran were “ready.” Neither report gave a timeline nor provided any details about what targets Israel plans to hit. Israel is expected to strike before the US presidential election on November 5.
The US has been coordinating with Israel on its plans to strike Iran following the Iranian missile barrage that was fired at Israeli territory on October 1, which was retaliation for a string of Israeli escalations in the region.
The Washington Post reported this week that Netanyahu told President Biden in a phone call last week that Israel would target military sites in Iran, not oil or nuclear facilities. However, in response to the report, Netanyahu’s office said in a statement, “We listen to the opinions of the United States, but we will make our final decisions based on our national interests.”

